First I have to say thank you to Mike Duggan for all his work on getting the Live Aboard Event on the USS Hornet setup and then managing it. For those of you who could not make it - wow you missed a truly amazing experience. I was reluctant to take Ben, thinking he may be too young, but it really was wonderful. There were 2 tigers from Den 12 and 4 more Tigers from Pack 180's second Tiger Den. Not sure what the final count was of cubs and parents - my guess is 30 some. The Tours were managed very well and the entire experience was catered to for the scouts. If / When this opportunity comes up again, I would highly recommend it. (I have a few pictures loaded on Picasa Web - http://picasaweb.google.com/fredrick.zilz/TigerDen12?feat=directlink.)
Which brings us to upcoming events.
Den Meeting: I plan to have Den meeting Tomorrow - Jan 12, and Tuesday Jan 26th but not on the 19th (I will be attending Pack 180 Committee Meeting). for tomorrow - Bring your cub scout handbooks, battery powered drills, safety glasses if you have them (I have some extras), and your pinewood derby kits. Also, someone volunteer to finish the flag - or help finish it, I would love to be able to bring it to the Pinewood Derby.
Pinewood Derby: Jan 31st (Sunday).
Next Month - The First or second meeting of February, Mike Duggan is going to arrange for a hands on Firehouse tour for the boys - should be alot of fun.
March - John Vito is arranging for a visit to Travis Airforce base - Should be another amazing experience for the cubs (and parents) - we may get to use the flight simulator :-). And we are hoping to get to visit the communications office and knock of the tiger cub requirement for visiting a newspaper, tv, or radio station (communication). For this trip I am going to need some information from you: First and Last name of driver
Driver's California Driver's License Number.
Insurance Liability coverage amounts:
Per person
Per Accident
Property Damage
Example: Fred Zilz, U0000001, Per Person = $100K, Per Accident = $300K, Property Damage = $50K.
This is required for our Tour Permit, even if we are all driving our own cars and meeting there. You can gather the information and bring it to a den meeting or email it to me.
My goal is to have all the cubs complete their Tiger requirements in March. So there may be one or two items that your cub needs to get done between now and then. Most if not everyone needs to do a Firedrill at home. Maybe we can try to get this done before our firehouse visit, so that all the cubs can say yes they know what to do in case of a fire at their house.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. If you are not sure about something we are, or are not doing, at meetings, outside of meetings, go see its, let me know - I won't know what is working and what is not working unless you tell me.
Fred Zilz
Tiger Den 12
No comments:
Post a Comment